Lana Ackaway LCSW-R provides exceptional counseling services and psychotherapy to adults in the Midtown area of NYC. With over 25 years of experience, Lana Ackaway has experience in helping clients in a variety of areas.
Many people in Midtown NYC are in discomfort, overwhelmed by stress or pain and either have not found a useful, workable solution or don’t know how to make it better themselves.
Different types of emotional pain may include depression, compulsions, self-criticism, anxiety, shame, and problems with relationships.
Often people are overcome by the tension of things going on their life and seek professional help. Individual counseling can help you manage your stress and offer the tools needed to better manage one’s life.
My goal is to provide a therapy experience that is designed expressly for you. Challenges will always be part of life. Nevertheless, through effective psychotherapy and working together you can learn how to resolve them as they happen, thereby creating a more peaceful and stable environment.
If would like to begin individual therapy, some of the things I can help you with are…
- Managing anxiety, stress, and conflict
- Fostering better assertiveness skills and communication
- Letting go of self-criticism, low self-esteem, and depression
- Healing from abuse, trauma, or dysfunctional family experiences
- Developing close, happy, and meaningful relationships
- Discovering who you are and what you would like from life
If you would like to discuss starting individual psychotherapy / counseling call me at (917)294-7883